EE & EEPTO's Coat Drive 2018
You helped us collect 151 coats! Thank you for keeping Central Texas children warm this winter!
Distribution Day is Dec. 8; you can find information about volunteering below.
EE and EEPTO are hosting a coat drive Nov. 12 - 28 to collect warm coats for Coats for Kids, an annual community event that collects and distributes warm coats to eligible children and teenagers in Central Texas. Our goal is 150 coats. Here's how you can help:
- Donate coats! Drop coats off in the bin in the office at school. Over Thanksgiving break (or any time), you may also drop them off on the front porch of one of these homes:
Westwood -- 306 Laurelwood Trail (Wilson)
Rollingwood -- 4906 Timberline Drive (Maurici)
WLH -- 102 Yaupon Valley Road (Stotts)
- Give $$$! Every $20 = 1 coat. Be sure to put our name on the form so we receive credit.
- Share on social media! Get the word out using #coatsforkidsatx. Post a photo of you or your child dropping coats in the bin, or share EEPTO's Facebook post to encourage more donations. We can earn 25 coat credits through social media.
We know EE families are a generous bunch, and we're excited to see this tangible giving that helps children right in our own backyards. Thank you!
Would you like to give your time too? These are the volunteer opportunities with Coats for Kids:
- Help prepare donated coats for distribution during Sorting Week, Tuesday, December 4 – Friday, December 7. (Sorting Week volunteers MUST be at least 15 years of age and accompanied by an adult if between the ages of 15-18.)
- Participate in Youth Sorting Night on Tuesday, December 4. (Children must be at least 7 years of age or older and accompanied by an adult)
- Volunteer for a two-hour shift on Distribution Day, Saturday, December 8. (Distribution Day volunteers MUST be 18 years of age or older.)
- Friday, January 11
- Friday, February 8
- Friday, March 1
- Friday, April 5